Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at our Chicago, Illinois headquarters office in the Loop.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement Test cases to ensure high quality and reliability of cohesion platform
- Monitor, track, and report defects to a development team and the product team
- Work as a part of the Agile Scrum team, focusing on testing APIs, UI modules, and internal libraries
- Integrate Test suites with CI/CD
- Present audience-appropriate concepts and insights at all levels of a software organization (CxO, architect, technical team)
- Implement Quality processes that supplement development practices
- Keep a keen eye on code quality of test suites
- Empower and support QA team to stay agile with automated Ops processes
- Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
- Lead Quality and automation efforts across globally distributed teams
- 7+ years of industry experience as Quality Assurance personnel.
- Thorough understanding of Test pyramid and how to implement it to achieve optimum quality standards.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages (e.g., C#, Java)
- Proficient in Test-driven development and tools (e.g., NUnit, Postman, RestSharp, Moq, Selenium)
- Mobile Test automation: (e.g., NightWatch, XCode Test, Appium)
- Experience with A/B tests, stress test, load test, performance test, and Security tests.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and Tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, BaseCamp)
- Experience with various Git flows and tools (e.g., GitHub)
- Experience testing IoT systems on edge and in the cloud
- Experience testing distributed systems at scale
- Experience with Chaos engineering
- Knowledge about implementing accessible UI
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness stipend program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.