We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Our team owns the Legal Hold product, and they own and operate the Relativity One Legal Hold SaaS instance, hosted in Azure.
A legal hold is a process that an organization uses to preserve all forms of relevant information when litigation is reasonably anticipated. Custodians subject to a litigation hold must preserve all electronically stored data (ESI) that they have access to. This requires no deletion or editing of files, documents, or any other ESI that is potentially relevant to a litigation.
Relativity Legal Hold is an application that attorneys, paralegals, and corporations use to manage legal hold workflows, communications, acknowledgements, reminders, and the custodian portal within their organization. Providing a sophisticated integration that includes active monitoring of Microsoft Office 365, Relativity Legal Hold also provides "Preservation in Place" holds ensuring that relevant ESI is preserved in its original state, even if a custodian disobeys a litigation hold notice and attempts to delete or edit relevant ESI. The product is executing Relativity's strategy to increase our footprint into corporations.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Relativity you will leverage your development expertise, leading software projects to continue to build out our software platform, Relativity. You will help solve complex problems as we continue to innovate and build great technology.
You will lead projects on a highly scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services. This is all utilizing many of the newer, and strongest technologies.
You will build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers within the massive data field.
- Architect and design performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Improve the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitate cross training to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice on object oriented programming principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant experience in the industry
- 5+ years of experience in .NET software development using C#, ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is a significant plus
- Experience leading software projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.