Senior Software Engineer, Automation (Core Team)
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team: The Core Services team is responsible for providing critical shared services to all products in the Rally ecosystem. Every product at Rally needs two things: identity (resolving who the member is) and authorization (what the member is authorized for based on their benefits and coverage). The team’s journey is to build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of in order to provide a precise experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey. The team works on projects and code that impacts the entire company as well as insurance companies that Rally partners with.
Your day to day:
- You will architect, build and deploy automation framework for the engineers to use to write tests for the feature’s engineers are developing.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand testing pain points and come up with solutions to improve.
- Work closely with engineering leadership to define the quality bar for features and services
- Work closely with engineering leadership to define quality processes and best practices for the team to follow.
- Teach and mentor engineers on writing solid automatic tests on the common framework
Your core responsibilities:
- Vocal champion of quality within the organization
- Work with the most technically challenging components to craft automated testing scenarios
- Help build a world-class automation infrastructure for Rally’s web services with complex dependencies
- Contribute to developing performance testing infrastructure
- Drive organization-wide adoption of automated testing frameworks
- 5+ years of real industry experience building scalable automated testing frameworks
- Solid command of Scala, Java or C# programming languages.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of writing automation to test micro services and APIs and performance testing.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.