Senior Software Engineer - Back End
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Lumere, you will use your programming and data expertise to enable us to deliver comprehensive perspectives on clinical data and trends, as well as opportunities for our clients to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a curious and experienced Python engineer who wants to make a direct impact in our healthcare system. In this role you’ll be focused on building out the infrastructure that powers our solutions, with heavy exposure to our database architecture, machine learning models, and PostgreSQL optimization work.
- The majority of your day will be programming – often pairing with another Sr Engineer – to implement our best-in-class software tools with Python and SQL code.
- Work closely with other engineers, our DBA and product managers to design a software solution that delivers optimal value to the user. Your architecture contributions will help us scale and evolve our platform.
- Mentor mid-level and junior engineers in the art of software engineering and help bring on new members as we grow.
- Do your best work with us. Lumere welcomes diversity and expects you to question, debate, learn, and grow.
- 5+ years in a back end software engineering role
- Extensive experience with Python, PostgreSQL, database optimization and administration
- Bonus points for experience with machine learning, continuous deployment
- Demonstrated expertise in backend software engineering; ability to provide solid architectural guidance and insight
- Ability to mentor junior developers and contribute constructive code review, communicate with audiences of different technical backgrounds, and collaborate across multiple teams
- Growth-company DNA -- you thrive in a fast paced environment, adapt quickly and successfully manage ambiguity