Senior Software Engineer, Backend Developer at Showpad
At Showpad, we’re focused on empowering others to be at their best. As a business, we provide sales and marketing teams with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences. And as an employer, we provide our employees with opportunities to grow, make a meaningful impact and bring their authentic selves to work.
Our culture stems from our values which center on achieving maximum impact for our customers and being our authentic selves in all that we do. We make decisions with results in mind, while ensuring we create a workplace environment that fosters global collaboration, diversity and passion for what you do. We’re a team of authentic, good-natured ass-kickers and we’ve been recognized as a top workplace by Built in Chicago and Inc. Magazine.
Founded in 2011, Showpad is now a team of more than 450 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in Brussels, London, Munich, Portland San Francisco and Wroclaw.
About the position
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help shape the future of the Showpad product by maintaining the core functionalities and APIs of the Showpad platform. You’ll be responsible for helping drive technical and product decisions based on your expertise. You will coach and mentor junior team members. Rather than a monolithic environment, you will help develop an ecosystem of services, as you identify and isolate parts of the system to increase reliability and promote quality. Your decisions will not only have an impact on the way we build our product in a test-driven environment but also on the end-user experience for all our customers.
Open for remote hiring in the United States
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Backend Engineer at Showpad
- Maintain and improve the Training and Coaching product of the Showpad platform
- Contribute to improving our development processes and environments
- Help define, implement, and maintain our growing ecosystem of microservices
- Work with internal and external API consumers in an API-first environment
- Work in software teams where code reviews and pair programming are part of our strong engineering culture
- Take a security-first approach to implementing features and changes
- Collaborate with and mentor less experienced engineers on best practices and architectures
- Have a strong eye on the bigger picture because everything you do will have an impact on 300,000 users globally
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 5+ years developing scalable, production-ready, backend code using JVM-based languages and frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of a modern server framework such as Micronaut or Spring Boot
- Experience working in a cloud environment. Knowledge of AWS core services is a plus
- Experience containerizing and deploying cloud-native applications and services. Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Experience in, or strong desire to learn, Kotlin
- Understanding the importance of strong software testing at every stage and an advocate for test-driven development
- Comfortable analyzing, estimating, and prioritizing complex projects
- Ability to model data and queries around feature requirements with an emphasis on performance and scalability. Experience working in a tenant database environment is a plus
- Continuous integration and delivery mindset
- Experience designing and implementing APIs for, and collaborating with, internal and/or public data consumers
- Experience with data-streaming services, such as Kafka or Kinesis, is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and microservices migration is a plus
- Team player mentality, committed to the whole software development life cycle in an agile team
What you can expect from Showpad
Our culture is centered on our values: be humble, take ownership, be passionate, be transparent, keep it simple and grow together. Global collaboration is in our DNA and we're committed to immersing ourselves in a truly diverse environment where differences are not only welcomed, but valued.