Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Payments) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Payments team, which provides core money movement capabilities at Affirm. This is the team that talks about NACHA, bps, Durbin, rails, and routing while striving to provide a top notch user experience. We are experiencing explosive growth in our core lending product and we’re expanding our product portfolio; you can be a key enabler of that growth.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Affecting Affirm’s bottom line meaningfully by building a reliable, low-cost payment processing platform to move billions of dollars for millions of consumers.
- Enabling new products at Affirm by providing core money movement capabilities for the company.
- Enabling new features to allow for a flexible and positive customer experience
- Actively participate in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 5+ years proven experience as a software engineer
- Ability to synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
- Prior experience integrating with payment processors and gift card providers (Chase Paymentech, Stripe, GoCardless) a plus.
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.