Senior Software Engineer, Checkout. at Reverb
The technical staff at Etsy believes that code is craft, and that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired artists and designers who make Etsy such a unique marketplace. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our groundbreaking continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning.Job Description
This role is based in Brooklyn, NY, or remote.Qualifications
- You're a senior engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast and reliable code that other people - or you, six months into the future - will find easy to comprehend and modify. You believe in Etsy's vision of a people-led economy, and are passionate about building the products that enable that economy.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Care as much about building great products as you do writing phenomenal code.
- Have a knack for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- Can be autonomous and self-disciplined.
- Strong database experience, especially around scaling applications. You can spin yarns about how you've done this right and wrong at your previous jobs. And we'll give bonus points if you can actually spin yarn.
- Understanding of the various aspects involved in running a large-scale website.
- Help others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- Enjoy learning about and interacting with the people who use your product.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.