Senior Software Engineer (Cloud DevOps) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm's engineering team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant and secure is a big job. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering of writing blameless postmortems as well as writing detailed tech specs and gathering feedback before large changes to systems.
You will have the unique opportunity to bring Operations best-practices to Affirm, help the Operations team grow, and oversee the operation of a complex global infrastructure. The Senior Software Engineer (Cloud DevOps) will be primarily responsible for security administration duties associated with Affirm cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be capable of developing secure infrastructure updates, deploying secure solutions across a large breadth of cloud-hosted systems, and applying patches to ensure thorough security compliance across Affirm systems.What You'll Do
- Develop and implement processes to ensure systems are regularly patched and hardened.
- Build and deploy up-to-date system images based on Engineering specification.
- Coordinate system maintenance windows across Engineering teams.
- Implement security controls across Affirm’s server infrastructure, including EC2, EMR, EKS, and ECS.
- Assist with maintaining compliance for industry standard certifications such as PCI and SOC audits. Generate and deliver compliance evidence in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot patch compatibility issues to reduce patch failures across a broad range of infrastructure.
- Build cloud infrastructure as code.
- Extensive experience developing and coordinating patch processes across complex infrastructures.
- Experience administering production Linux systems.
- Hands-on experience deploying infrastructure within an AWS environment.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Must be well-organized and thorough, with attention to detail.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 19 767 - 23 717 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.