As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
You will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a diverse, inclusive, collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
As an Engineer on our group you will be working with our Agile teams building applications leveraging
- An architecture in the style of “Event sourcing”
- Microservices to provide dedicated business functions
- Oracle, Gemfire, Hibernate used for creating persistent view services
- Kafka to enable rapid short term recovery, horizontal scalability and workload distribution
- AMPS & Protobuf serialization to asynchronously connect services
- Hadoop for analytics
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Highly proficient in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java
- Proven experience in development/support of REST API interfaces, streaming applications (Spark streaming and Kafka), SQL and No-SQL DBs (specifically with Oracle), Hibernate, Spring Boot, distributed caching solutions such as Hazelcast and Gemfire.
- Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing.
- Strong understanding of concurrency patterns, data structures and algorithms, and strong understanding of domain driven design, Micro services patterns and architectures.
- Experience with high volume, mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures. Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of Agile delivery principles
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong drive
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.