We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 US law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among the customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond. We don’t believe in ‘ideal’ candidates, so if you see a job that sparks your interest, go for it. Wherever you’re from, however you identify, and whatever experience you have, you can belong at Relativity.
The Storage Vertical:
The Storage Vertical is a critical portion of Cloud Engineering, providing Relativity with all of its storage needs. It abstracts away infrastructure management and provides operations with mechanisms by which underlying storage infrastructure is built, operated, vended, and consumed. This Software Engineer will play the role of a leader in the Storage Vertical, driving its overall interests in optimizing infrastructure for efficiency, reliability, and the satisfaction of all of Relativity's storage requirements.
The File Asset Storage Team (FAST):
Within the Storage Vertical, the File Asset Storage Team (FAST) owns all unstructured data storage needs for the Relativity application. The FAST team manages the internal storage servers upon which all of Relativity relies. We develop and maintain the infrastructure and the control plane that facilitates the provisioning and consumption of file storage space. We develop storage-layer abstractions to increase our platform's data management capabilities, reduce costs, and increase business agility. Our key challenge: how do we simplify and optimize the management of petabyte-scale cloud storage to the delight of our customers and developers?
Our team is looking to build out the next generation of infrastructure. Join us as we work to leverage cloud-native technologies to respond to the scale of Relativity’s increasing growth as well as to idiosyncratic nature of massive-scale storage. To achieve this, our team is using a diverse set of technologies, including Linux, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Powershell, C#/.NET, and SQL.
As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for managing and driving the full software lifecycle of the unstructured storage offering. You will identify and implement optimizations, continuously drive enhancements to its operational state, define and promote best practices, design and plan the future of the service and the offering. You will work with Staff and Principal Engineers to continually align the service with the storage platform's vision. You will work on our storage abstraction layer, data plane, as well as the control plane that manages these in order to deliver petabyte-scale, cloud-native storage solutions for Relativity.
- Solve complex storage problems and implement their solutions using cloud native patterns and services
- Adopt and exercise best practices in developing and delivering software, including test-driven and trunk-based development, as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to the product through our development workflow
- Triage customer requests and troubleshoot incidents when on-call
- Continuously improve the operational state of the software, striving for observability, reliability, and availability
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the stack and promote their solutions
- Align the offerings with platform expectations and contracts
- Document current and future service architecture via well-written design narratives and architectural decision records
- Maintain a high bar for code and architectural quality
- Experience (at least five years) in software development
- Experience running Linux in a production environment
- Experience working with a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience working in an agile development environment (using Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience developing with C#, Powershell, and/or .NET Core
- Experience with FUSE drivers, File Systems, or Systems development
- Experience working with large-scale storage infrastructure
- Experience developing and delivering in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful web services
- Experience building automation for software and infrastructure
- Experience leveraging or building functional or performance testing frameworks
- Experience in container-based development on Kubernetes is a major plus
- Experience with Azure-based storage offerings is a major plus
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.