ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us as we work to enhance our offerings around campaign content management and creation, and to create a more uniform experience when generating content across the platform. You will have the opportunity to deliver high impact, high visibility features that literally every ActiveCampaign customer will interact with on a daily basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build better, smarter, and more versatile experiences for content management and creation across the platform
- Lead technical discovery and design efforts on large upcoming projects and initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign’s platform reliability and performance and come up with technical proposals and implementation plans
- Architect scalable, cloud-native applications leveraging technologies like Java SpringBoot, Kubernetes, and Kafka
- Leverage ReactJS, Redux, and TypeScript to build front end functionality that is beautiful and functional
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their limits
- Evangelize best practices in software architecture, observability, and integration patterns
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Create a multiplicative impact on the team by helping other engineers grow their skills and competencies
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language, such as Java or Python, and a modern web application framework, such as Java Spring Boot or Python Flask
- Experience building modern front end applications with a framework such as React, Angular, or Vue. Typescript experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable in best practices for automated testing of full stack applications
- Experience architecting scalable, cloud-native services, preferably in AWS
- Experience working with logging, monitoring, and alerting systems
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and managing infrastructure as code
- Passion for mentoring and educating other engineers through pairing and code reviews
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.