We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and though our current project is written in GO and deployed to EKS, we routinely encounter and work in different languages, frameworks, and systems. We value engineers who are proficient in multiple languages because we know they can quickly learn the next one that comes up.
What you'll do all day:
- Design, Develop and Implement; reactive, autonomous micro-services that are the foundation of the new Crypto Trading platform.
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain a clean and consistent Code, for both internal applications and external applications.
- Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices.
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience with – Financial Markets, Execution Platforms, Foreign Exchange and Crypto currency a big plus.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Multiple years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person development team that utilizes automated testing, CI pipelines, peer reviews ideally in an Agile Environment.
- Our application is written mostly in Go. A strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of at least one of the following core languages is a must: Go, (Java, or C# a plus).
- Demonstrated skills in process and algorithm design
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions and distributed architecture
- Experience with Kafka, Protobufs, and reactive, multi-tenant applications is a big plus
- A DevSecOps mindset and experience with cloud-native applications and infrastructure-as-code is a plus
All of our employees have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a backend engineer at PEAK6 Technologies, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program