ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
We’re looking for pragmatic software engineers with experience building engaging experiences in complex web applications. Our ideal candidate has experience throughout the technology stack on horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we’re interested in considering candidates with any experience. We value iteration, customer focus, and humility above all.
Recently, we've used PHP in the following ways:
Used Lumen's tooling around jobs and queues to break out and scale asynchronous processing tasks
Adopted PSR standards for requests and queue interfaces
Used dependency injection and service container patterns to revitalize old codebase and greatly improve testability
Built an asynchronous real time chat application deeply integrated into the ActiveCampaign platform powered by multiple Lumen services
You can help us extend and scale our marketing platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team to deliver experiences that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers
- Teach as much as you learn, mentoring a growing team
- Find the best tool for the job to create thoughtful customer journeys through our platform
- Own the entire implementation from database to API to UI
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Experience building and shipping scalable applications in PHP, Ember, and/or React
- Opinions on software testing
- Experience as a mentor or an apprentice
- Fluency in other programming languages and platforms is nice, but not required
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (like Symfony, Lumen, or Laravel)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.