Senior Software Engineer-Decision Engineering
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is seeking experienced engineers to join its Simulation Team. This team builds our delivery simulation, which we use to drive business policies and understand how the delivery ecosystem works. As a simulation engineer, you will work with business stakeholders, decision scientists, and systems engineers and analysts to create a simulated delivery environment that is realistic, massively parallel, and easy to extend. You will implement and run experiments that directly inform and improve our business.
You Should Have
- Develop a simple, clean, simulation code base that is easy to work with and extend.
- Work with observational data so we can use it in the simulated environment.
- Code potential business policies to study them in the simulation.
- Create tooling for massively parallel simulation execution, data collection, and analysis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED & DESIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- Some exposure to simulation methodology
- 5+ years experience building software tools preferably in Java
- Stickler for clean, clear, and concise code
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Comfortable working directly with stakeholders and scoping out requirements
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience deploying command-line software applications in the cloud
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.