Senior Software Engineer, Demand Data Pipeline at EMX Digital
EMX is a leading marketing technology company, leveraging a patented, end-to-end tech stack purpose-built to meet the demands of today’s digital marketplace. The company creates both open and closed-loop solutions designed to unify advertisers, platforms and publishers across digital media channels — including Advanced TV, Video, Display, Search & Social.
While recognized as an independent solutions provider for the digital media landscape, EMX also serves as the technology and programmatic division for its parent, ENGINE — a global data-driven marketing company serving advertising’s most recognized brands.
EMX Digital is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver EMX products and services with a thirst to innovate and lead in the space. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to design and develop large scale systems, and are able to change direction quickly will thrive at EMX. If you have a passion for bringing new concepts to life, experience or interest in the ad tech world, and love using the latest technologies, then join us.
We operate in a world where 2 extra milliseconds of latency can make or break functionality so knowing when and where to prioritize efficiency and how to best use both your system’s time as well as your own is a must. Looking both learn new practices and technologies as well as to mentor and leverage extisting experience will put your best foot forward on this next step of your career. If you take the four values of Agile software development to heart you’ll find not only a great fit here with this position but a great team to collaborate and cross-polinate with. The ideal candidate will want to work hard to push themselves, their team, and our products to use cutting edge, clean code to deliver a great experience for all involved in the product lifecycle.
- Partner with engineering and product management to architect and implement new features on our platform
- Drive complex features from start to finish (meaning code pushed to production) with minimal direction
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to minimize dependencies and mitigate blockers
- Be able to articulate and make intelligent trade-offs between multiple possible engineering solutions to business problems
- Be an advocate to the rest of the team for adopting new technologies and adhering to engineering best practices
- Serve as a peer mentor to junior members of the team, including via code reviews and pair programming
- 5+ years of experience using combinations of Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, Spark, Docker, AWS Products (including ECS, Lambda, Athena, Redshift)
- Experience building complex, scalable, reliable data pipelines
- Ability to thoroughly understand business requirements in order to build the right engineering solutions to solve business problems
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, databases, software design, and DevOps
- Experience with pair programming and test-driven development
- Ability to communicate clearly with engineering and product management