Tock is looking for an experienced engineer to partner with the rest of our engineering organization (including SRE and QA) to reduce toil and improve security, reliability, and developer velocity during a time of dramatic growth. You'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world's best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world-famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The senior software engineer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of experience building software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus.
- Experience building HA products / infrastructure on public clouds (we use GCP).
- Understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with other engineering teams using established platforms/tools (CircleCI, GH actions, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc).
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
- Familiarity with common developer tooling -- especially in a monorepo environment (Github, Gradle, Npm, Yarn, Babel, etc).
- Familiarity with software security best practices.
What you'll do
- Identify opportunities to measurably improve engineering productivity through automation, workflow/process improvements, and development of production-quality tools.
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure.
- Work with SRE to accelerate our adoption of Config as Code and Infrastructure as Code.
- Work with QA to improve release automation and test infrastructure.
- Maintain and modernize our CI/CD pipeline and help shape the open source and SAAS services we use to support engineering and ops.
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about .
Tock's explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In's "2021 Best Places to Work"
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.