Senior Software Engineer, Developer Productivity at Tock
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
About the position
Tock is looking for an experienced engineer to partner with the rest of our engineering organization (including SRE and QA) to reduce toil and improve security, reliability, and developer velocity during a time of dramatic growth. You'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world-famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of experience building software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus.
- Experience building HA products / infrastructure on public clouds (we use GCP).
- Understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with other engineering teams using established platforms/tools (CircleCI, GH actions, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc).
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
- Familiarity with common developer tooling -- especially in a monorepo environment (Github, Gradle, Npm, Yarn, Babel, etc).
- Familiarity with software security best practices.
What you’ll do
- Identify opportunities to measurably improve engineering productivity through automation, workflow/process improvements, and development of production-quality tools.
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure.
- Work with SRE to accelerate our adoption of Config as Code and Infrastructure as Code.
- Work with QA to improve release automation and test infrastructure.
- Maintain and modernize our CI/CD pipeline and help shape the open source and SAAS services we use to support engineering and ops.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
How to apply
Complete the short application below and submit a resume and cover letter.