Senior Software Engineer - DevOps at NielsenIQ
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, to help our talented, cross-functional team continue scaling Intelligence Studio to meet internal and external demand. Ideal candidates will be hands-on technologists with experience in big data, software engineering, and DevOps. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to work with creative engineers and cutting-edge technologies.
We use cutting edge technology and industry-leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re automating our data science methodologies with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud technology-agnostic platform built with trusted open source components like Kubernetes, Spark, Airflow, MLflow, and TensorFlow. It allows data scientists to focus on doing data science by taking care of essential concerns like data access, logging, configuration, resource negotiation, dependency management, orchestration, and testing. This self-service, data science platform solution connects in with partners in a shared ecosystem, scales by usage, and has the building blocks to help our data scientists and clients move from creation to deployment of a data science project, at scale.
- Build and troubleshoot software and integrations in a cloud-based microservices environment for big data applications
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Work within a cross-functional team to author clear and purposeful epics/stories
- Promote and enforce best practices in development and operations
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the platform architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of software development or related DevOps / systems administration experience.
- Experience in Python, Scala, big data, or cloud technologies preferred.
- Experience building and supporting batch or real-time data processes with technologies including Airflow, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Jupyterhub, Codehub, and other Data Science tools, including Machine Learning frameworks.
- Experience with building reliable distributed (cloud) systems and implementing advanced debugging & monitoring solutions.
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.