Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Cloud Engineering team enables public cloud at scale for our application teams to deploy applications securely, reliably, and in a compliant state. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS), we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the Continuous Delivery team within Cloud Engineering. In this role, you will collaboratively and iteratively provide a CI/CD platform around which our teams can maturely deploy applications to public cloud. You will have opportunities to utilize your CI/CD knowledge to interact and collaborate with diverse teams, and to establish an at scale CI/CD platform in Amazon Web Services.
- Collaborate with multiple software development teams globally to provide, and iterate on, an enterprise scale public cloud CI/CD platform
- Stay current on emerging technologies
- Work in a diverse technical environment to establish, advocate, and provide patterns for the CI/CD platform
- Collaborate with application teams to iterate and educate on usage of the CI/CD platform
- Write and execute build/deployment scripts/tasks
- Set up and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, code review, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related fields is required; a master degree is preferred
- Strong knowledge of build, release, and configuration management practices
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software development
- Experience with CI/CD required. A strong preference for experience in AWS.
- Knowledge of source control tools (Git, CodeCommit, SVN, and TFS), build/release tools (Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline), and infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Programing experience/skills in popular languages such as Python, Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, or PowerShell, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong grasp of Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity