Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Innovation at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
GrubHub is seeking passionate Senior Engineer to join its Enterprise Innovation Team. This team is at the center of expanding our ordering platform to help differentiate ourselves from other players in our space, as well as facilitate new channels for revenue generation. Who doesn’t love free lunch? A big part of our mission is building products that allow companies to enable their employees to order lunch and dinner with the company picking up the dime. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our ordering platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that make our users excited to use our products
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information