Senior Software Engineer, Fixed Income Analytics
DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 800 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of highly talented technologists. This team is tasked with building and maintaining a front-office system used by traders, researchers, and risk managers for the pricing of fixed income derivatives. The system is built primarily in C# and C++ and is exposed through a RESTful API. As we explore the next generation of this system we are open to introducing new programming languages and architectures. Success in this role may lead to an opportunity for an expanded role within the organization to provide leadership in the development of similar technology for other products and trading desks.
- Work directly with traders, quantitative researchers, and other software engineers in cross-functional team environments.
- Development and support of existing C#/C++ application.
- Design, development, and support of the next gen software for this team.
- Implement new Web-based apps supporting desk-level pricing and risk management.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Strong experience with Java, C#, or C++ and micro-service architecture.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Initiative and proven experience independently driving projects to completion.
- C# and C++ experience on Windows.
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience with fixed income (bonds, swaps, futures, etc.) in a trading environment
- Experience in derivatives modeling and statistical analysis of time series.