Senior Software Engineer - Fraud at ShopRunner
At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Fraud team at Shoprunner, you will help design and develop our Fraud systems, and prepare them to scale to the demands of millions of requests per minute. This might include ingesting data from our client's websites, helping the data science team bring their data models to production, or modifying our core services and applications. We run all of our applications on Node.js in Google Cloud Platform, with key systems using express-- and evaluating new technologies as we grow. We currently use React and are in the process of converting to Typescript.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Scaling our service architecture and embracing approaches such as 12 factor and well-formed APIs.
- Evolving our data pipelines to enable real-time event handling, smarter decisioning, and more nimble applications.
- Designing and developing new applications, services and systems.
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing new technologies.
- Maintaining secure coding practices and working with the security team to maintain our security posture.
- Designing and architecting services to help improve stability, system performance, code quality and development velocity.
- Mentor engineers and help them grow into a more senior role.
- Participating in secure code reviews - analyze current and incoming changes in a security context.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Expertise with Node.js and the node ecosystem as a whole.
- Expertise with MongoDB, Mongoose and the wider MongoDB ecosystem.
- Experience with a programming language, such as Node.js (preferred), Java/Kotlin, C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, or Erlang/Elixir.
- Experience working with web frameworks such as express, koa, Spring, Lumen, Django/Bottle/Flask.
- Experience using data in support of larger efforts, from reusing other services and APIs, to writing jobs in map-reduce.
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Experience with a document store such as MongoDB (preferred) or DynamoDB.
- Experience using Big Data/Wide Column Store stores such as Bigtable, Cassandra or HBase.
- Comfort with key programming concepts like API design, memory management, optimization techniques, and distributed applications.
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
- Nice to haves: Experience working in GCP, Kubernetes, or Typescript.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.