The Rocket Travel team is based in Chicago’s West Loop, which is currently fully remote. Remote employment is an option for this role, but once it’s safe to travel and our office reopens, periodic trips to Chicago will be encouraged.
You will be involved in all facets of the software development process from inception to deployment. You should enjoy building new products, researching and developing new technologies, and coming up with new ideas. We are looking for a customer- and product-focused engineer.
You'll be an integral member of one of our emerging product teams, helping to build travel-focused web applications. Your goals will include developing and improving our web applications, designing and implementing A/B tests, building new features, and contributing to the experience our customers have come to expect from Rocket Travel and our partners. You will be working mostly in React with some minor AngularJS code that we are still porting over and and our back-end REST API’s (built in JVM languages).
Duties and Requirements
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are interested in sharing ownership and product direction for our customer-facing web applications.
- You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn.
- You have developed and deployed one or more large-scale React projects.
- You have worked with consuming/calling REST API's.
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies.
- Having ownership in our products and our customers' experiences, building features that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of hours.
- Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business/design/technology teammates.
- Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone and ISP stipend.
- Enjoying flexible PTO policy and free travel credits.
- Learning at periodic engineering lunch-and-learns.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our Chicago office in the West Loop (when it reopens).
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of the Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us.
Rocket Travel is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Rocket Travel employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.