ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key member of Digital Business Services Development group with the opportunity and responsibility to design and develop solutions on ServiceNow Platform
- Key member of project team to assist in the development & implementation of applications for Finance, Legal, GRC and Workplace Services business functions on ServiceNow Platform
- Provides technical direction in the analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of technical solutions related to enterprise applications projects
- In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the Business System Analysts to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users
- Create technical design documents from functional requirements through analysis of business processes and discussion with the business process owners
- Debug and performance tune applications
- You will be working in a high velocity collaborative team using agile software development methodology.
To be successful in this role you have:
Must be local or willing to relocate to Santa Clara or Chicago
- Must have programming expertise the following areas
- ServiceNow OR Java
- HTML technologies (HTML, CSS and AJAX, jQuery, BootStrap)
- 5+ years of software development experience in enterprise software and/or building web services/applications, preferably on ServiceNow platform
- Good understanding of DevOps and ITIL v3 processes
- Familiarity with tools such as Eclipse IDE, GIT, Maven and Jenkins
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, procedures and prepare technical requirement document for client requirements
- Customer-centric and Service minded, and must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to interact with all levels of business users (end-users/executives).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Prior experience working on Finance, Legal, GRC applications such as SAP ERP, Procurement automation (desirable)
- Exposure to Mobile and Virtual Agent development (desirable)
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.