Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing. Performs technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
- Maintains application software and systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals. Partners with the product owner to understand business requirements, evaluates features, and translates application specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and contractors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, or related technical field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
- Experience with framework and API design
- Strong Junit/integration testing experience
- Core Java or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Batch)
- JSON/XML processing and validation
- SOAP & REST Services
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus,
- IBM MQ
- Data Technologies: Oracle
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF)/AWS
- Strong Unix/Linux shell/batch scripting knowledge
- Strong understanding of application debugging and tracing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to service needs and project demands in a fast changing environment (Must-have soft skill)
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on solution architecture experience in DFS Tech Stack
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilized and/or contributed to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Containerization solutions like Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- CI Technologies: Chef, Ansible
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire, MongoDB, Redis
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/VM)
- Angular, Gulp, Node, Protractor, WireMock
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.