Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at Ascent
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Reports To: Engineering Manager, Knowledge Platform
You will thrive at Ascent if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your products.
At Ascent, our Knowledge Platform Team builds the technology that turns raw data into our Knowledge Product. You will be contributing to systems that vary from meta-data extraction from regulatory documents, to orchestrating complex data transformation, modeling regulatory data in a graph database, to delivering that data to our customers via UIs and APIs.
- Build platforms that take advantage of human-in-the-loop Machine Learning
- Help build internal tools that allow your engineering, data science, and non-technical teammates to interface with and manipulate our data
- Solve challenging problems around data scale and service-oriented design
- Implement backend and frontend features using Ruby, Rails, and React
- Help foster a welcoming work environment on a team that values empathy and compassion
- Work closely with teammates to help them level up as engineers
Minimum skills and experience
- Experience writing web applications using web frameworks
- Experience writing SQL
- Demonstrable commitment to thorough testing and documentation for maintainable code-bases
- Experience with cloud computing vendors
- Experience with scalable distributed applications
Bonus points for experience in:
- Graph databases, such as Neo4J
- Microservices ecosystems or service-oriented architectures
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Parental care leave
- Backup child/senior/pet care stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. The team has since grown to 45+ full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.