Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack (Identity Experience) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Identity Experience team is responsible for Affirm’s authentication and identity verification user experiences, from the first time the user expresses interest in applying for a loan through the verification steps that protect our customers and business. Our goal is to build features that reduce friction, increase conversion, and mitigate consumer risk. We are the first interaction for the customer across Affirm’s product offerings, impacting millions of customers.
We are looking for a motivated and product-focused Senior Software Engineer to join us and help accomplish that mission. You will be part of a fullstack team with Web, Mobile (Android and iOS), and backend expertise. Come join us as one of the early members of this new and growing team!
What You'll Do
- Build user flows across both web and backend (React and Python)
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define, prioritize, and build products
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, and estimation, in addition to task break-downs, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Prototype new ideas and iterate towards the best user experience
- Proactively raise improvement opportunities and contribute ideas to address them
What We Look For
- 2+ years of frontend experience using React or other modern framework
- 2+ years of backend experience in Python or other backend languages
- Familiarity building, launching and maintaining front-end products
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from product and design
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness in understanding opportunities to learn and grow
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.