Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack .NET/React) – Reporting at DocuSign
Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack .NET/React) – Reporting
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
Did you know that over 90% of the Fortune 500, and 99 of the Fortune 100, have DocuSigned? DocuSign is the world leader in electronic signatures, and as a result our products generate a tremendous amount of data. We firmly believe in the power of data to transform customer experiences, and we think that the convergence of cloud computing with advances in machine learning and AI make this a particularly exciting time to be at DocuSign.
The fullstack Senior Software Engineer will help architect, build and enhance capabilities on the DocuSign Reports and related features. You will cover API/backend and customer-facing UI, from enterprise account management to reporting and integration, all in a dynamic environment with a 24x7x52 critical service and an exceptional team. This person can seamlessly integrate into agile teams and work closely with all facets of the organization (products, QA, UI/UX, and Design) to achieve high quality results that will impact millions of users and businesses.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Write high quality code that is easy to maintain and test
- Raise issues proactively that might impact delivery commitments
- Research new features and technologies
- Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed
- Design and build platform components for customer reporting and data, improving customer effectiveness at deploying and using DocuSign.
- Support strategic code sharing and architecture for one or more functional areas.
- Ensure design and architecture is extensible across multiple projects, and participate in technical design and code reviews.
- Work with Product Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development.
- Work closely with QA to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes.
- Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's productivity and efficiency.
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team.
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing, and release of products.
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study
- 8+ years of product development experience building large scale web applications
- Experience with full stack development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages, like C#, Java, C++
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
- 2+ years professional experience building complex, scalable applications
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies and tool sets
- Strong, professional experience with client-side frameworks, preferably Angular or React (Backbone, Knockout, Spine, Ember, or similar modern JS frameworks accepted)
- Experience with CSS, AJAX, JSON, HTML, and/or MVC
- Experience with Microsoft technology stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- SaaS or Cloud experience
- Prior experience aligning platform architecture with security, data
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.