Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Do you want to help one of Chicago’s fastest growing startups become the next big thing? Are you excited by the opportunity to build unforgettable experiences from the ground up? Perfect, you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
Growth is a newly established team at Cameo responsible for setting Cameo up for the fastest, most efficient growth possible. To do this, Growth builds product features, infrastructure, and experiments to determine the next move for the business. Work includes launching product features that make it easier for customers to find the talent they are looking for, seamlessly onboarding our talent, building the infrastructure that supports scalable experimentation, and so much more.
We’re looking for rockstar engineers who have paved the way in their current roles - establishing scalable processes, working on groundbreaking products, and driving massive growth. We’re going to grow quickly and have a lot of fun along the way.
About The Role:
As one of our first engineers on the Growth team, you will be doing many things for the first time. You will help us build the infrastructure and products to help Cameo scale and bring unforgettable experiences to even more fans. You will work across web, mobile app, email, and push.
As a full stack software engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, our frontend (React/Redux site, React-Native app), as well as our backend (node.js) and database (mongoDB).
- You are motivated to drive scalable growth through implementing and maintaining the services that power product and communications
- You are excited to contribute engineering input, feedback, and ideas into product ideation and planning
- You take pride in your work and have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience at a tech company, bonus points if you joined an early stage startup and helped that startup see massive growth
- 4+ years work experience in engineering
- JS Testing (Jest, Enzyme, Appium, etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Comfortable with A/B testing, email, and push messaging infrastructure, we’d love it if you have been a part of a growth team before!
- Experience scaling a website and/or a mobile app to millions of users
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.