Senior Software Engineer (healthcare) at CareAdvisors
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
working with APIs and backend infrastructure: 5 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Role Name: Senior Software Engineer
Role Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports To: CTO
What do we do at CareAdvisors?
CareAdvisors is a Chicago-based technology company. We are proud to say that we have been at the forefront of value-based social care management, building platforms and networks that support linkages to social services.
Our approach provides a seamless support network for vulnerable patients to access critical resources. This was done through the build-out of one of the largest community social care networks in the state of Illinois which comprises collaborations of over 300 community-based organizations (CBO) including Catholic Charities, Greater Chicago Food Depository and almost every major hospital provider in the state.
In addition, we have established stakeholder organizations throughout the state of Illinois including organizations who service special needs, underserved and vulnerable populations including low-income populations, rural populations, African-Americans, Latinos, American Indians, individuals with a disability, young adults, homeless and individuals with Limited English Proficiency. This unified network includes hospitals and clinics, government agencies, school systems, community-based organizations, small business associations, faith-based organizations and large employers.
Join us in our mission to make healthcare more accessible for our most vulnerable communities!
What will YOU do at CareAdvisors?
Your role will be that of a Senior Software Engineer. This role is great if you have 5+ years of solving challenging problems in small teams and now, you want to extend your range of skills to include building and managing cloud infrastructure. You are highly comfortable navigating an entire web tech stack and want to lead and grow a team of engineers.
You will work with our head of technology, product team, and data science team, in assessing technical feasibility of features, and you will contribute new ideas to our product roadmap. You understand that technology is the backbone of our product and mission and you want to contribute to business decisions that are influenced by your deep technical expertise.
Overall, you have 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience and hold a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science and are currently located in the Chicagoland area. You are also an expert with React/Vue, Python or Ruby, and cloud services (like AWS or Azure).
The ideal candidate is motivated and ready to build out an engineering team and you see yourself as a leader in your field.
How to be successful in this role:
Success is building a world-class product while focusing on prioritizing product needs, and maintaining a rapid iteration pace and a clean code base.
You will be responsible for working directly with the rest of the product team on building complex user flows, interactive features, and helping to improve developer ergonomics and front-end/back-end infrastructure. Overall, the right candidate:
- has 5+ years of experience working with APIs and backend infrastructure
- is proficient in modern web application technologies
- experienced with CI/CD such as CircleCI, Github Actions, or similar
- is proficient in Platform-as-a-Service such as AWS, GCP, or similar
- experienced with multi-container Docker
- possesses a strong understanding of agile methodologies
Some nice to haves:
- Experience working with HL7 standards and FHIR
- Experience working in teams with dedicated data scientist, data engineer, or data analyst
Overview of the first 6 months:
Your first month will consist of:
- Technical Onboarding
- Familiarize with all technical components of our platform
- Understand product roadmap, technical architecture,
- Domain onboarding
- Familiarize with more important pieces of domain knowledge
- What are the major problems we’re solving, historical context, competitor analysis
- Architect and plan combining currently-disparate applications into one suite
By the third month you be working on:
- Architect and build health and community information data exchange backend
- Aide in recruitment by hiring additional engineers to build out new teams and support existing products
- Scale CI/CD process and optimize automated testing suite
By the sixth month you will be working on:
- Continue focusing on metrics such as defect rates, sprint velocity, site reliability, application performance, etc.
- Manage and mentor multiple teams of engineers
Some good things to know:
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, CareAdvisors has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding, and daily operations. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and we will return to an office environment once it is deemed safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the Centers for Disease Control. *
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
See note in the role description.
- Are currently located in the Chicagoland area? (we are unable to offer relocation assistance)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- working with APIs and backend infrastructure: 5 years (Required)
- healthcare: 4 years (Required)
- startup: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
2 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.