Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Software Engineer II
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us.
How you’ll help
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application, test, and site reliability engineers. You’ll spend your days writing well-designed, reliable, and maintainable code. You’ll also keep things running by solving problems and making sure they stay solved by writing tests.
What you’ll do
Our Senior Software Engineers will:
- Assist in designing and developing clean, straightforward solutions to problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high level system requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Ensure the team maintains Jellyvision’s values, standards, and best practices
- Foster an inclusive team environment
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers with 4+ years of relevant experience, solid software engineering fundamentals, and keen DevOps skills. They should also have experience with the following:
- Developing full-stack web applications
- Ruby & Rails or Grape
- Modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue, or AngularJS
- Relational databases (experience writing raw SQL is a bonus)
- Automated testing (unit, integration, and functional tests)
- Source control (we use git)
- AWS (DevOps experience is a bonus)
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!