ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers with experience building high-throughput, data-intensive services. Our ideal candidate has built services within a horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we’ll consider candidates with any experience. We value iteration, customer focus, and humility above all.
What Your Day Could Consist Of
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and drive with the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their limits
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Identify opportunities to improve native integration reliability, stability, and performance by creating technical proposals and implementation plans
- Validate your designs by building performance and load testing tools
- Partnering with our DevOps, SRE and DBRE teams on improved observability, performance tuning, and load testing
- Evangelizing performance and scalability best practices, and finding ways to integrate these into tooling where possible
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practices
- Mentor and grow fellow engineers by teaching as much as you learn
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code and design reviews
What Is Needed
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Experience with an object oriented language (Python, PHP, Java, etc.) and a relational database.
- Experience with distributed system designs and microservices-based architectures (event streaming, message queuing, pub/sub messaging, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Nice To Have
- Strong understanding of AWS or other cloud technologies
- CI/CD tools experience with an emphasis on building quality code and speed to market
- Experience with performance monitoring and alerting tools(i.e., Datadog, Kibana, New Relic, etc.)
- Experience with MVC frameworks(i.e., Flask, Django, Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR, etc.)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.