Senior Software Engineer, ITOM Field Implementation at ServiceNow
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer, ITOM Field Implementation
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo. People who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be Part of the ITOM Product Success (Field Engineering) Team that manages and drives the overall resolution of highly visible, global and strategic customer situations, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Develop innovations to speed time to value for ITOM suite of products
- Handle customer issues that are unable to be solved by support or PS staff
- Engage and collaborate closely with the ServiceNow R&D teams on escalated technical issues
- Lead the resolution of critical technical issues, providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues, often spanning multiple product lines
- Application Configuration
- Workflow Configuration
- UI Configuration
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Be a key member of the overall implementation partner team
- Prepare client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Mentor field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite
- Lead requirement gathering workshops to identify use cases and value based acceptance criteria,
Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology based on client experiences
- Manage and drive the overall resolution of highly visible, global and strategic customer situations, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Customer oriented R&D (CORD) – collect information from the field based on customer requirements, use cases, wish lists, as well as explore new cutting-edge technologies, and devise their incorporation into the different products.
- Develop best practice protocols based on experience collected from customer implementations.
- Analyze intricate problem scenarios and develop creative solutions to resolve these issues in real time, as well as port back selected solutions into general releases.
- Handle customer issues that are unable to be solved by support or PS staff.
- Engage and collaborate closely with the ServiceNow R&D teams on escalated technical issues.
- Lead the resolution of critical technical issues, providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues, often spanning multiple product lines.
- Develop innovations within the product to speed time to value, make implementations easier, and expand coverage for new technologies.
- Lead enablement sessions to teach the ITOM ecosystem best practices.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Three years of experience implementing 2 or more ServiceNow ITOM products. Implementation Certificates and registered implementations are a plus.
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies
- Enterprise architecture domains
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.