Senior Software Engineer - Java - Kafka at JPMorgan Chase
As a highly experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in a large, collaborative environment to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative and inclusive culture
- Full software development lifecycle experience including analysis, architecture/design, coding and testing, production releases, issue resolution, ongoing quality improvement
- MS Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application architecture, system design, and infrastructure
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, with current coding skills
- Required: Expert Java skills, recent versions of JDK (1.9 at least), Java EE
- Required: Understanding of CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, BitBucket)
- Required: Understanding of code quality tools (i.e. static/dynamic/open source scans)
- Required: Cloud development, Kafka, Cassandra, microservices, Kubernetes
- Comfortable with Agile Scrum methodologies
Position is with a new development team within Chase Digital Communications, which is building a new communications platform as a service supporting SMS, Push Notifications, and future implementation of exciting new customer experiences.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.