Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Our customers rely on us in the moments that matter. Engineering delivers on that promise.
You can read the bullets below. But they almost always look the same, right? Here is the deal – being a senior engineer here at DFIN means helping us deliver SaaS software solutions for our customers that primarily work with the SEC or other global regulating bodies. Our products are in demand because we solve regulatory problems for our customers. As a senior engineer, you'll contribute to projects end to end, write code that less senior engineers can emulate, understand how we operate our systems and help make sure our technology grows and doesn't become a big pile of tech debt.
- Be a key contributor to our development practice: design, full-stack development and testing.
- Write concise, clear, well-tested and well-documented code with quality that adheres to industry best practices.
- Optimize code for quality, performance, scalability, efficiencies and security; through testing, code scanning, refactoring and monitoring.
- Analyze, design and build solutions that solve the problems we have, not the problems that we think we may have one day.
- Build software with people. Product managers, other developers, SRE, junior engineers, senior engineers, offshore. Construct software that matters.
- Understands that systems are to be operated and monitoring and metrics are important.
- Engineer for simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, reusability and performance.
- Makes sure to constantly address technical debt. Shine a light on it, even when it hurts.
- Be committed to your development, the products you work on and the firm.
- Experience designing services based and/or tiered web and mobile applications.
- At least 6 years of experience designing and building scalable data-driven software applications.
- Experience developing secure code meeting security standards and willing to participate in financial systems security practices.
- Experience in Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, CI/CD. Generally adaptable across the stack.
- Optional, Azure, AKS, Docker, Kubernetes
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent