Senior Software Engineer (Java) at Vibes
Unique opportunity with a mobile marketing leader
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Old Navy, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
We are a group of passionate engineers in love with technology working for a software company in the fast-paced mobile arena. We focus on collaboration and constant improvement with our products and ourselves. We practice agile software development with a strong focus on sharing knowledge. We care about the software that we develop and strive to have the biggest business impact we can with our work. We are committed to personal development which is accelerated through our quarterly “Days of Impact” where you are given free rein to hack away at what you think is valuable to yourself and the company.
Vibes cares about character and culture as much as competency. We strive to build a workplace where people are excited to come to work every day, and feel empowered and motivated to do their best work.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Chicago at 300 West Adams Street.
- Design and Implement features and components on Vibes’ Core Messaging Platform
- Integrate Functional and Performance Testing capabilities into the platform
- Interact, Evaluate and implement new Opportunities with Messaging Providers
- Share ideas and interactions with other Engineers on the team
- Continuously grow your skillset to positively affect the Vibes technology stack
- Drive innovation and new ideas to improve our software’s capabilities and offerings
- Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7+ years experience developing Java applications
- Experience with Messaging Tools (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, HornetQ, et al)
- SpringBoot or other Containerized Delivery a plus
- REST API design experience and RDBMS highly preferred
- Strong communication, project management and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and ability to drive features thru delivery
- Experience with agile, iterative, and test-focused development methods
- Experience with high performance and scalable solutions a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
Our Core Values:
- Respect, honesty, and integrity for all stakeholders
- Always be learning
- Relentless focus on the customer
- Never be satisfied
- Create value
- Seek accountability and ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.