Senior Software Engineer (Java)
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
In your role as a Senior Software Engineer (Java), you will work with our scrum teams to provide technical leadership and build highly scalable Java functionalities in AWS that will continue to innovate on consumer feedback collection, display, and analysis.
About Our Team
We have a team-oriented culture, and you will find yourself working closely with other engineers of varying disciplines (DevOps, QA, Front-End ReactJS, Full-Stack Ruby, etc), product, data science as well as other parts of the organization. We build and maintain a scalable platform that evolves to ever changing business requirements, we learn from our experiences to always improve, and we have fun and celebrate our successes.
Our Tech Stack
We use AWS with many of our applications written in Java and using open-source technologies. Our engineers also look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges.
- Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
- AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
- Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Deployment, Sumologic, Datadog, Maven, Git
- Take ownership of, architect, build and scale business critical services.
- Collaborate with front-end, QA, product, DevOps and UX teammates in an agile development environment to identify and solve important technical problems.
- Establish expertise on relevant business areas and components of our platform.
- Promote high quality code both through leading by example and by mentoring engineers via pairing, design review, and extensive participation in code reviews.
- Reduce the complexity of our code base, infrastructure, and production operations in order to get more done with less work.
- Identify, learn, and apply a variety of technologies and working in the Java and AWS ecosystems.
- Professional experience (7+ years preferred) with hands-on Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
- Deep understanding of Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience making architectural designs to deliver scalable, high-volume REST API's
- Fluency working with Linux, SCM tools (Git), Maven, Intellij/Eclipse, and CI/CD methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Casual work environment
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee and cold brew
- Rooftop, on-site gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
** Internal Candidates, please apply by visiting the Intranet **