DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and six global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple. We bring on exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with users to build rich, interactive single page applications.
- Developing a full product from inception to production, including: identifying business needs, user experience, backend processing, and product evangelism.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance by building highly responsive web front-ends using the latest technology.
- Innovation! Take your ideas and make them reality - we have some of the toughest problems to solve and the brighest minds to solve them.
- Collaborating with other software engineers, IT, teams, quants and trading desks.
Some of the key skills are:
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and technologies to suit the problem at hand
- Deep understanding of browser internals: HTTP, WebSockets, Rendering, etc.
- Knowledge of the Chrome developer tools
- Development on Linux or OSX systems; familiar with bash scripting
- Experience with some of the following: React, Backbone, Angular, and jQuery
- Full stack experience using back-end technologies like node.js, Python, or Ruby
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- ES6/2015 experience using Babel and/or Webpack
- Trading industry experience
- Experience innovating and developing quantitative visual displays