Senior Software Engineer, MV at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The camera team is a growing, fast-moving team building security cameras with a unique edge-storage architecture, disrupting an industry where innovation is rare. The Meraki MV security camera system is powerful, secure, and does not rely on any on-premise servers, making it easy to deploy and scale from one to hundreds of cameras per site.
As a Mobile Engineer at Meraki, you will help build features for Meraki’s mobile app, a companion to Meraki’s dashboard. The Meraki dashboard is a simple but powerful application in an industry where unfriendly command line interfaces are the norm. Dashboard provides rich visualizations that allow our customers to manage and deploy their networks and cameras easily, rapidly identify and resolve issues, and scale their lean IT networks to large deployments because all the configuration lives within the cloud. The mobile app augments this experience for users who are away from their desks.
You will be working on the Meraki MV Camera team, building out mobile features for viewing and searching through video, creative and intuitive interfaces for camera configuration, and intelligently notifying users of events.Example projects of a mobile camera engineer:
- Build powerful video monitoring and search tools for mobile security personnel
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to identify frictional workflows, then build tools to streamline those processes
- Enable security camera installers to deploy and configure many cameras, efficiently and painlessly
- Focus on the end-user experience - thoughtfully craft a fluid and intuitive interface for quickly finding video or images of interest
- Work with other mobile developers at Meraki on internal frameworks and refine our app infrastructure to augment productivity
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on a new product or complex feature
- Have the ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product oriented mindset with a deep desire to understand users
- Aren't afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- 2+ years of building connected mobile apps
- React-Native or React experience
- Knowledge of multimedia and streaming video fundamentals (HLS, h.264 etc)
- Experience working with media-rich user interfaces - images and video
- You have previously worked with Ruby on Rails and React or similar full-stack technologies
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.