Senior Software Engineer - Professional Services
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns -- all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking a full-stack senior engineer to help us extend and scale our mobile marketing platform via our Professional Services team. This role will build solutions in a highly collaborative environment, but also will also have significant autonomy to engineer solutions independently. Our Professional Services Engineers are valued partners to our clients and Customer Success Team and work cross-functionally to understand customers' strategic approach to Mobile Marketing and develop impactful solutions that make their efforts distinct and successful.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. The ProServe Team creates custom solutions for our clients, and each Engineer has the chance to partner with our Customer Success Team and enterprise brands and independently drive the development work. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. We are independent thinkers who build custom solutions from start to finish. We solve problems quickly and build within short timeframes to serve applications at scale.
You are an engineer with a growth-mindset and a passion for building great software. You've contributed to software built to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, and are seeking an opportunity to work on the next generation of web applications with a passionate team. You thrive working as an independent, full-stack engineer, are comfortable working with cross-functional partners, and enjoy speaking directly to customers and end users.
This role is located at 300 W. Adam Street, Chicago, IL.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- 5+ years experience in building Ruby on Rails applications, as well as:
- in automated testing tools and implementation including unit, functional and acceptance testing
- developing multiple web applications
- refactoring existing web applications
- 5+ years of experience driving full-stack development of scalable applications
- Strong understanding of web technologies, such as CSS, HTML5, JSON, and XML
- Passionate about best-in-class engineering practices
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional interactions (Product, UI/UX, QA, Clients, et al)
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Familiarity with source code control: Git, subversion, et al
- Experience deploying to AWS
- Experience with React a plus
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.