Senior Software Engineer – Quality/Performance Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Software Engineer – Performance Quality Engineering, you will be a key member of the Cloud Platform Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the cloud platform team. You will have the opportunity to work with the performance and quality testing frameworks and tools such as Jmeter, Java, Jenkins, Selenium Webdriver and more.
The ideal candidate for this position is a someone with a strong background in web application benchmarking and performance analysis. The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and performance scripts that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
- 5+ years of experience developing or testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Linux skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- SQL clients and queries, including commands and syntax
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies (e.g. scrum)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Candidate must be a good team player with solid attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
Strongly Desired (at least one):
- Has led software projects, has proven project management skills, and can take delegations from management to help drive daily activities on assigned project(s)
- Advanced understanding and ability to implement complex scenarios in Jmeter
- Has a strong familiarity with the ServiceNow platform, including developing custom enhancements on top of its out-of-box features
- Scripting: basic shell scripting, Perl scripting.
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
- Experience specifically with MySQL or Oracle databases
- Understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.