Senior Software Engineer - React/Java - Full Stack (Front End Focused) at Nordstrom
Senior Software Engineer - React/Java - Full Stack (Front End Focused)
**This role is located in Seattle but you are able to work remote in our hub locations if you live in the following areas: Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, or Atlanta.
A Senior Engineer is a key member of the Nordstrom Technology group of professionals that applies scientific, mathematical, and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
The Product organization is focused on building the next generation platform that will enable business partners to manage the entire product lifecycle, from item setup to enrichment and presenting an offer to the customer. The entire business process is going to be driven by data, by analytics and will allow fast business growth, by addressing big data challenges. This platform is transformational for Nordstrom, business processes are going to be re-invented, and you can be part of this exciting effort.
A day in the life…
- Responsible for feature design, evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify performance issues and optimize solution
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals
- Understand security protocols, interpret security and compliance requirements
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in practice area
- Fluent in Node.js, Express.js
- Proficiency in front end frameworks and workflows such as React, Redux
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs Development
- Familiar with modern infrastructure tools and pipelines such as Gitlab CI/CD
- DevOps, unit testing, and testing frameworks (example: React testing libraries)
- Familiar with backend technologies like SpringBoot (Java) or .netCore (C#)
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Kafka, New Relic, Splunk, Okta
- Delivering full stack solutions
- Working in both front end and back end
- Designing, architecting, and building web applications
- Seeing the big picture and make sounds architecture decisions
- Building reusable cross platform components for future use
- Developing features using various front-end frameworks
- Translating design and wireframes into high quality code
How we work...
- With others. We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Minimum = $
Maximum = $