We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Relativity you will leverage your development expertise, leading software projects to continue to build out our software platform, Relativity. You will help solve complex problems as we continue to innovate and build great technology.
You will lead projects on a highly scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services. This is all utilizing many of the newer, and strongest technologies.
You will build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers within the massive data field.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing architecture and design documentation including requirements, test strategies, component, sequence and class diagrams
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object-oriented programming principles
- Germinates and drives new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to ensure defect prevention over detection
- Maintains an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practices positive interactions – lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the interest of the overall team
- Previous experience with .Net framework and C# programming
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 7+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.