Senior Software Engineer - Shared Tools at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Software Engineer - Shared Tools
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us.
How you’ll help
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Shared Tools team, you’ll spend your days designing and building performant, reliable, and maintainable tools shared across the organization. You’ll solve impactful business problems and make sure they stay solved by writing tests.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and support implementation between Auth0 and our products
- Build and maintain a shared UI components library
- Build and maintain tools that solve problems across the entire organization
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 4+ years of experience
- An understanding of how to build and maintain web applications with a modern backend framework (like Ruby on Rails), as well as a modern frontend framework (like React + Redux)
- Committed to testing their code as a part of writing it
- Experienced with Auth0/Okta
- Experienced with a relational database (ORMs are great, experience writing raw SQL is even better)
- Experienced developing software with Git (familiarity with git-flow would be another bonus)
- Docker and DevOps skills (not required, but definitely a plus)
- The ability to build performant, reliable, and maintainable code
- A passion for code quality and strong problem solver
- An excellent giver and receiver of constructive code review feedback
- Experienced in complex problem solving and troubleshooting of authentication services and systems integration
- Ability to consult and collaborate with application teams on Authentication/Authorization requirements and integration to Auth0
This role may have access to regulated data and will require secure development lifecycle (SDLC) training.
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Ambiguity
- Manages Complexity
- Instills Trust
- Drives Results
- Customer Focus
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!