Senior Software Engineer in Test at Jellyvision
SO WHAT’S THIS JOB ABOUT?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our team at Jellyvision.
This role involves writing code to drive efficiencies and automate manual tests and processes. You will be creating complex, end-to-end and integrated test suites. You will gather requirements, write tests, and integrate those tests into our deploy workflow. You will work with QA, Operations, and different engineering teams to make this happen.
Much of your work will revolve around the ALEX Benefits Counselor. ALEX is a multi-media experience that is customized for each of our hundreds of clients. We need a candidate eager to tackle the complex challenges that come with this unique product. Your work will also include adding automation coverage to our ever-expanding ecosystem of internal tools and new products.
WHAT KIND OF SKILLS SHOULD I HAVE?
- Analytical: You are genuinely curious. You don’t just test what someone codes. You dig into the details, understand the requirements and foundation for which they are built upon. You are great at creating tests for criteria coverage, but also have a keen eye for edge cases and negative tests. You can also determine what tests will provide the most value and focus efforts accordingly.
- RESTful APIs: You can call endpoints in code and parse the response. You know the difference between a GET and a POST, between a query and a payload.
- Terminal, Bash, Git: You know how to handle yourself in the terminal. You can change directories, edit files, and check in code from the command line.
- Unit Testing:You have written tests in code, and you can articulate knowledge of key concepts such as: assertions, hooks, and test data.
- Object-Oriented design: We are building an automated test framework, not a collection of one-off scripts. You have experience writing classes, modules, and methods that encapsulate the complexity of your code. Maybe you have created a class diagram or two.
- Source Control: Working without Source Control should be blasphemy to you. Experience developing software with Git, especially familiarity with git-flow, is helpful.
- Bonus: A strong candidate would have knowledge and experience with some of the following: Agile methodology, Docker, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Web development, Page Object Model, Databases, AWS.
As a senior engineer in test, you help guide best practices for the team. You will also be a mentor to other test engineers and to QA analysts as they are transitioning from manual to automated testing.
We're looking for seasoned test engineers - the total length of your work history isn't the most important thing for us but ideally you've got 4+ years of relevant experience.