Senior Software Engineer at Morningstar
Senior Software Engineer
- Serve as lead contributor in the methodologies for gathering labeled datasets, exploratory data analysis, feature engineering and rapid prototyping of Machine Learning models.
- Work on RESTful API development, creating tools for automation, infrastructure maintenance, CI/CD pipelines, writing clean code with good architectural principles.
- Work with various technical and product stakeholders and communicating progress, requirement analysis and demos.
- Research and develop appropriate Machine Learning Algorithms and tools.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Train machine learning algorithms for classification, named entity recognition, and anomaly detection including feature engineering, data cleanup and operationalizing of models.
- Write a suite of automated unit tests to individual units of the application.
- Architect and develop robust and scalable applications in Object oriented languages like Java and scripting languages like NodeJS and Python.
- Write infrastructure as Code in Terraform and deploy to Cloud. Deploy applications to the Cloud like Amazon Web Services.
- Use continuous and automated deployments like Jenkins.
- Follow agile methodology like scrum to deliver products to clients. Analyze the issues that occur in production and fix them.
- Document architecture design and related software functionality. Communicate architecture and functionality decisions/issues/solutions to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Guide and mentor junior members in the team.
Must possess a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or related. Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 5 years of experience in the job offered or related.
Candidate should also have experience with:
- Python and Java
- relational databases like MySQL or MS SQL
- NoSQL databases like DynamoDb;
- Terraform and cloudformation
- Writing, designing, performing, and loading unit tests
- Developing and deploying solutions using services in the Amazon AWS ecosystem.
5% international travel required
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.