The Team: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Technology team within our Corporate team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar`s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: In this role, you will develop, maintain and expand Morningstar Individual Investor’s tools and platforms including morningstar.com, playing an integral role on the technical team. You will work closely with product and project managers in a development team to implement features, debug and investigate issues. You will work on back end requirements and assist when necessary with front end work. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- 5+ years experience in professional software development in a team environment on web-scale applications.
- Fluency in J2EE technologies
- Fluency in API development and design (consuming and providing)
- Proficiency in AWS development
- Proficiency in professional software development practices including Agile, unit testing, test automation, CI/CD, performance analysis