Senior Software Engineer at Morningstar
Develop and deploy production applications that incorporate numerical techniques such as linear algebra, machine learning, statistics, and optimization (40%). Write clean code and maintain a robust development environment via strong documentation and version control (20%). Find creative solutions to complex development problems using all technologies, especially big data and cloud technologies (10%). Learn from and work with subject matter experts (quantitative finance & data scientists) to create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies (10%). Recommend improvements to existing development practices and processes (5%). Mentor associate software engineers (5%). Train analysts on software engineering practices (5%). Manage the implementation of statistical models into production systems (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of Software Engineering experience.
· 3 years of experience with python or C#/.NET.
· 3 years of experience with DevOps tools: Splunk, Git, uDeploy, Jenkins, and Control-M.
· 3 years of experience with back-end xml, relational, and file-based databases (e.g. SQL server, Athena, HDFS, or similar).
· 3 years of experience with Agile software engineering practices.
· 2 years of experience developing and deploying solutions using services in the amazon AWS ecosystem: Lambda, EC2, and S3.
· 2 years of experience with at least one statistical modeling language (e.g. r, python, or similar).
· 2 years of experience with python packages like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn.
· 2 years of experience with machine learning packages like randomForest.
· 2 years of experience with implementing statistical methods.
· 2 years of experience with common data cleaning and munging techniques.
· 2 years of experience with mutual fund and equity data.
· 1 year of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity