About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Our Ruby on Rails Developers sit on our Platform engineering team to build and maintain the core set of systems that power the LevelUp ecosystem, an online ordering interface and network of dozens of mobile payments apps (maybe even the ones you use to order lunch) and point-of-sale integrations. We are a team of smart, highly motivated engineers that place a high value on writing well crafted, thoroughly tested, and maintainable code. We’re growing extremely fast and are taking on the exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development while scaling our services to support higher volume and more clients.
The Impact You Will Make
- How can we empower businesses to excite and reward their customers in new ways?
- What interesting things can we do with SKU-level data when a user places an order?
- Why should businesses keep using LevelUp or run more campaigns? How can we help them reach those conclusions more easily?
- Who might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
- Previous experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]