Senior Software Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with the experience to build high-performance automated trading systems. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help establish technical standards and be a significant contributor to the technical architecture and engineering practices. You will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with Belvedere Quants and Software Engineers to tackle challenges in programming, technology, mathematics, and finance by building high-quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business goals. We are looking for someone who will be able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
What you’ll do
- Create and optimize scalable, multi-tiered applications, and infrastructure
- Implement quantitative, algorithmic trading logic for a variety of asset classes
- Lead and design extensible trading applications, write code, and deploy successful enterprise-level applications that can be leveraged across options, futures, and cash markets
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our development process and reduce operational risk
- Influence teams by sharing your deep knowledge and experience to increase productivity and effectiveness
- Work with team members to develop and deliver scalable and highly available software systems
- Maintain, support, and troubleshoot critical trading applications
- Deliver quality systems through automated testing and peer code review
- Apply industry knowledge and technical skills in new and innovative ways
- Encourage the use of best practices throughout the development process
What you’ll need
- Professional software development experience with C++
- Demonstrated success in delivering automated trading systems
- Experience building high performance, highly available, and scalable systems
- Excellent design, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Apply and hold high-quality standards for code and design
- Well versed in all areas of delivering technical solutions
- Ability to take full ownership (design, implement, test, deploy, maintain) of projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Show ownership through entrepreneurial spirit
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This would not be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Through our efforts to provide a safe environment for you and our team members, all interviews for this position will be conducted virtually via phone or video. We will continue to actively hire and onboard new team members virtually through the remainder of the year unless otherwise noted. Any questions regarding the virtual recruiting process, please reach out to [email protected].